Thanks to Morgan for sharing his stuff with us today. Check out the the latest Children of God and keep up with Morgan's mojo over at his site--Drop him a comment and stay in touch!
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Friday, October 22, 2010
Banole is a cool web comic collaboration by S.O.U. alums Dave Marshall and Luke Kralik. Dig it! Dave will be coming to our class on Thursday, October 28. For all y'all Star Wars types, he's also one of the masterminds behind I.M.P.S. The Relentless.
Hey the links work now!
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Talking points for October 19 crit.
1. Clarity. Of action, story, setting, characters.
2. Consistency. Establishing the key visual forms and overall design.
3. Contour. Finishing and varying.
4. Story. Action and tension. Continuity.
5. Flow. Maintaining reader interest.
6. Graphic Power. Composition, composition, composition. Use of black/color. Visual hierarchy.
Here are Miles' videos on the basics of drawing in Flash.
Here's the direct URL if the embedded video doesn't work for you.
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Thursday, October 7, 2010
|One of Miles' big influences, Lynda Barry|
Pick a book or two to use as the design touchstone for your book. Discuss margins, gutters, bleeds, typography, lettering, height/width ratio, page measurements etc.
Work up a proposal for your book and post it to your blog. Include working title, short working description (2-3 sentences) and 5-10 images. The images can be thumbnails, character concepts, anything!
All of this is due Tuesday, October 12 at noon.